What is Rebound Therapy?
Rebound Therapy uses the movement of a trampoline bed to promote movement of the student.
Rebound Therapy can be used by people with a wide range of abilities and needs. It compliments other therapies such as physiotherapy and hydrotherapy.
The benefits of rebound therapy include:-
- an improvement in co-ordination and balance
- an increase or decrease in muscle tone
- improvement in core stability
- increase in communication skills
- relaxation and sensory inclusion
- allowing the participant to experience a momentary feeling of weightlessness and freedom
The trampoline at Fairfield School is set at floor level allowing an easy transfer either by walking or by hoist. Rebound sessions run in small groups or on an individual basis depending on student programs. We aim to make these sessions a positive experience but above all ENJOYABLE and FUN!